INSURING YOUR LLC-OWNED VEHICLE
We recommend that you start with your current insurer to see if they’re able to help. They will need to be able to write insurance in Montana. They may be able to add your LLC on as an additional insured member or write a new policy in the name of your LLC.
If that is not an option, we recommend contacting a nationwide insurance company (such as Progressive, Geico, etc) to insure your Montana LLC-owned vehicle(s). The insurer needs to be able to write insurance for the vehicle owner (your Montana LLC), with the understanding that the insured vehicles will be garaged outside of the state. Insurers may discuss doing a commercial policy in the name of your Montana company.
Any of these options are fine, as long as the LLC is on the policy.
Here is contact information for insurers that other clients have had success with:
• Roger Mathis, Farmers Insurance: 1-406-442-9680 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Comparion Insurance Agency: 406-361-0949 or email@example.com
• Select Insurance Group: 314-368-9125 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• American Modern Insurance: 1-866-884-6167 or www.amig.com
• Goosehead Insurance: 1-406-206-3122 or www.goosehead.com
• RV America Insurance: 1-800-400-0186 or http://rvainsurance.com
• Miller Insurance Agency: 1-800-622-6347 or http://www.millerrvinsurance.com/
• Bison Insurance, PLLC: 1-406-442-1414 or https://bisoninsurance.net/app/ (Helena, MT)
• Explorer RV Insurance Agency, Inc: 1-888-774-6778 or www.explorerrv.com
• Twin Peaks Insurance: 1-800-507-8467 or www.twinpeaksinsurance.com
• Everquote: 1-855-522-3444 or https://www.everquote.com/
• Hagerty: 1-877-922-9701 or https://www.hagerty.com
• Exotic: Classic Auto Insurance, 1-888-901-1338 or https://www.classicins.com/
• Classic/exotic: Grundy Insurance, 1-866-338-4006 or http://www.grundy.com/
The information contained in this Site is for general guidance on matters of interest only. The application and impact of laws can vary widely based on the specific facts involved.
Given the changing nature of laws, rules and regulations, and the inherent hazards of electronic communication, there may be delays, omissions or inaccuracies in information contained in this Site.
Accordingly, the information on this Site is provided with the understanding that the authors and publishers are not herein engaged in rendering legal, accounting, tax,
or other professional advice and services. As such, it should not be used as a substitute for consultation with professional accounting, tax, legal or other competent advisers.
While we have made every attempt to ensure that the information contained in this Site has been obtained from reliable sources, LLCTLC is not responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the results obtained from the use of this information. All information in this Site is provided “as is,” with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, timeliness or of the results obtained from the use of this information, and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to warranties of performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event will LLCTLC, its related partnerships or corporations, or the partners, agents or employees thereof be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken in reliance on the information in this Site or for any consequential, special or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
Certain links in this Site connect to other Websites maintained by third parties over whom LLCTLC has no control.
LLCTLC makes no representations as to the accuracy or any other aspect of information contained in other Web Sites.